**If you've been lucky enough to buy one of my exclusive unique patches from the Manchester Art Gallery Shop, then this is the information you may need.**
How to Iron On Applique and Embroidered Patches
Applique / embroidered patches can be attached onto anything you can iron: shirts, jeans, hats, pants, skirts, etc.
Make your backpack or tote unique! With an iron on design (as this is) you can create a new look instantly. It's soooo easy!
Iron on applique / embroidered patch setting instructions:
- Step 1: Set your hand iron at the hottest temperature setting. But remember, DO NOT USE STEAM DURING APPLICATION or it won't adhere to the fabric.
- Step 2: Place your applique / embroidered patch in the desired position and place a pressing cloth (such as a handkerchief, sheet or pillowcase fabric) over the top.
- Step 3: Press the iron on it for three minutes with as much constant pressure as possible. Move iron lightly back and forth to ensure all corners of patch is applied and does not overheat.
- Step 4: Turn the garment inside out and repeat steps two and three.
- Step 5: Allow the applique patch to cool down for a minimum of five minutes before checking the glue has adhered.
- Step 6: Machine or handsew applique in place (please check the info below on how to care for your unique applique and garment so it'll live on and on).
Heat seal only to polyester/cotton fabrics. Do not apply to rainwear (waterproof), highly elastic, rayon, nylon or tri-acetate fabrics.
Once applied, applique is permanently attached to garment and is washable, dryable and dry cleanable.
We highly recommend sewing the patch in place. However if unable to sew patches on, please only hand wash garments.
For machine washing, wash on a low heat and turn garment inside-out before washing and drip drying - avoid tumble drying.
**BLOG about me and my patches by BLUE PATCH